Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 7 September 2013

Saturday News

I've been away from the blog for a couple of weeks. We took a week for vacation, and after we got home last Tuesday, I've been really busy up in the studio. I've had a couple of quilts come in that have really tight deadlines. Maureen is coming to pick hers up tomorrow, although hers didn't have a deadline, other than I had to finish it before I could work on the others. I'll post some pictures of it, once she sees it.
While we were away, up at Awenda Provincial Park, we got to spend some time with our son and grandson. Our son, Noel, was in between his summer theater job, and his winter theater job, so he came to stay with us for a few days. It was wonderful to see him, and spend some time with him. I'm not sure he thought it was quite so wonderful. He was sleeping in a 2 man tent, during several quite rainy days and nights. He showed up in the trailer one morning, shortly after 7 am, saying he'd been "damped out" of the tent. Nothing was soaking wet, but everything was damp.
While we were away, I got lots of chances to do some hand work, both stitching and knitting.
 This is Avery's Bunny Balaclava, so far. I think I'm up to where the decreases for shaping the top of the head start. I like the amount of coverage this one gives for over the face to keep him warm.
 This is my Dreambird I have 2 1/2 feathers done. It's been pretty slow going, due to the need to count closely, so I need to be focused while working on it. I wasn't too sure about the colours, and how they were working together when I finished the first feather, but now that I see it here, it is starting to grow on me.
 And I made some progress on the Road to Brenham quilt along I finished step 6 last night. Judy posted step 12 today, so I'm halfway there. I'm hoping to spend most of today working on this and maybe get close to being caught up. However, I want to go out and see if I can pick up a bushel of tomatoes, so maybe I'd best get moving and get the day started, especially considering it's almost noon. I'm going to link up to Judy's Dreambird progress post where everyone is way ahead of where I am, and they look so pretty.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    Sounds like a wonderful camping trip! It is always good to see your kids isn't it! I miss my son I know~ Can't wait to see pictures of what your quilting! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.