Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 April 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

I have a finish! I took the last stitch in Leo’s Mane last week. Yesterday I released all the outer edges from the basting and pressed them open. Then I stay stitched the edges and removed all the papers around the outside edges. It is ready for quilting. Woohoo and yippee!!


So what’s next? I’ve been asking myself that for a while. When Charlene and I were at the quilt show in Shedden working in the vending booth, there were a number of people who made enquiries about possible classes and teaching using basic English Paper Piecing shapes like hexagons and 60 degree diamonds. The small project that I did based on Willyne Hammerstein’s Creme Brullee attracted a lot of interest. But I don’t own that design so I can’t in honesty use the design for teaching purposes. However I do have a design that was done in Electric quilt based on 5 different 60 degree shapes which I started putting together a couple of days ago. This is what I’ve got so far. I’m winging it right now for putting it together. As I am sewing it together I am seeing ways to make it easier and to break it down into units that will make it better for a teaching sample. Once I’ve worked through putting this one together I’ll do another and take pictures as I go. It might end up a written pattern as well.
So, I’m going to link up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching and get back to working on this sample.


5 comments:

  1. Yahoo! Leo’s Mane looks great!! Nice new sample too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing Leo's Mane. That is a wonderful accomplishment. Your teaching sample block looks like a fun block to EPP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to meet you today. Hope you enjoy our Quilt Show!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.