Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 29 October 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching....

I’m continuing to work on Leo’s Mane. And yesterday evening I put the last stitches into the last star for the third border. Woohoo, yippee and a happy dance or two!!


I’m a little later posting today than I like to be, but I have an excellent reason. Our grandson Avery was visiting this weekend, so we spent the time with him today. He’s on his way home now, so it will likely be a month before we see him again. (sigh) We did some fun halloween crafts with them yesterday. He made a wreath, using a styrofoam circle, a whole pile of black and orange 2 1/2 inch squares of fabric, poked into the styrofoam, and then a battery operated string of eye ball lights. As long as you don’t look too close and actually see the eye balls, it’s kinda pretty. LOL! Here he is, holding up his masterpiece.

He had fun with it, and the rest of us had fun with him having fun.
So, my task for the rest of this evening is to begin the process of sewing the borders of stars onto Leo’s main body. I am so very thrilled with the way it looks all laid out on the floor.
 I said last week that I hoped to have this border finished by the end of the month. That goal was met, with the exception of actually stitching it in place. Whether I can actually get that done before the end of the month..... I’m not sure but I’ll give it a good try.
I’m linking up to Kathy’s Slow Sunday Stitching before going back to more sewing. I’m having so much fun!!!





8 comments:

  1. Good luck on getting that border stitched on you still have a few days before this month ends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a stunning quilt project and Avery is so cute! What a fun project to work on together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that round of purple flowers with the red squares. Stunning! What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun Halloween project! And Leo is looking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that you had a great visit with Avery! That's an interesting wreath - apart from the eyeball lights, but that's what young boys tend to gravitate to, right?
    Leo's looking really good too - hopw you get your stitching done in time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an nice Halloween Projekt.
    I love the fabric of your third border, it looks amazing.
    Martina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leo is looking great...can’t wait to see the next border! His wreath looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The third border looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.