Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 28 June 2015

Sunday Stash and Stitching Report, week 26, 2015

Here's this weeks' progress on La Passacaglia. I've started the last of the large rosettes, which puts me way over the halfway done mark. I'm approaching this one a bit differently, as far as construction methods go. Rather than doing the complete stars and then adding them, I'm doing the points separately. It's much easier to sew them this way, rather than wrestle with all those unattached points that catch the sewing thread all the time. However, it is harder to picture them finished this way.

I've been a bit distracted this past week. We were told a piece of news last Sunday, appropriately enough on Father's day, but since all the important people hadn't been notified, I couldn't share it. However, I have now been given the go-ahead............ wait for it.........
MATT and BECCA ARE HAVING A BABY!!!!!!!!!!! Arrival date sometime in January 2016!!!!!!!!! Squeeeeee!!!!!! The excitement over that has rather trumped everything else! They have decided to find out boy or girl as soon as they can. Once that news is shared, let the baby quilt making begin!!! Shall we all yell YIPPEE!!!!!  WOOHOO!! and any other celebratory loud sound available.

On a more boring subject...... stash usage.... needless to say, not much. But once the baby sewing begins, that will change. I could start an I Spy quilt any time, couldn't I? Don't need to know boy or girl for that one, do I? I have lots of fun I Spy type fabrics.  Hmmm........ let the planning begin.

Used this week:                            .7 yards
Used this year:                           47.3 yards
Added this week:                          0 yards
Added this year:                       59.25 yards
Net stash added:                       11.95 yards

I'm linking up to Judy's Fabric Report, Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching and Angie's WIPs Be Gone.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I love the fussy cutting on your La Passacaglia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What exciting news! So excited for you all. This newest rosette is my favorite. It looks like the center of an exciting medallion. Thanks for the construction pointers, and thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.