Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 28 December 2014

Stash Report, Week 52, 2014

Here it is, the end of the year summary report, where the pedal hits the metal, so to speak. I think I did pretty well. At the end of last year I said that I was going to cut back on my buying, and I actually achieved that. Here's the final numbers for the year:

Used this week:                            2 yards
Used this year:                           129.1 yards
Added this week:                              0 yards
Added this year:                         134.75 yards
Balance:                                           5 yards net added

I came awfully close to adding more yesterday, during surfing a couple of sites with sales. One of the sites was advertising free shipping to Canada, so I filled up a shopping cart. However, when I went to check out, there was no place to type in the info to get the free shipping, even though I did everything they said to do. So I emptied the cart and walked away. Then I found another site having a fabulous sale, started putting stuff in the cart, but stopped myself and walked away from that one too. So, no new stuff coming in for the new year.

                           2011                                            2012                                       2013
Used                  154 yards                                  130.8 yards                           125.95 yards
Added               162.5 yards                                164.75 yards                        180.55 yards
Balance          + 8.5 yards                                  +33.95 yards                        +54.6 yards

Compared to the last few years, I've added considerably less. But I also used less than in 2011 or 2012. I beat, just by a little bit, what I used last year.  But I think that is because I concentrated on finishing UFO's this year, and a lot of the fabric in those UFO's had already been counted, since I figure my usage out as I make the individual blocks for a quilt, rather than waiting until a quilt is finished. I had said at the end of last year, that I wanted to focus on using up scraps, but with finishing the UFO's, that didn't happen. So, I'm going to restate that as my goal for this year, to use up scraps. I have a few quilts picked out from books, and a few more designed out in Electric quilt with that goal in mind, so we'll see how it goes. I already have enough background fabrics to do at least two of the projects, so I don't need to add anything to the stash for doing them.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report



3 comments:

  1. Great job, my friend!! I'm so impressed! (As much with your usage and overall numbers as I am that you had a cart full of fabric ... not once, but *twice* ... and walked away!!) Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I'd say you broke even since stash reporting is an inexact science.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There were some really great sales and it was really hard to resist them so congrats on emptying your carts.

    Have a great new year.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.