Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 5 December 2014

Sandra's Baby Quilt

Sandra made this quilt for her new grand baby. The mother didn't want a traditional baby quilt with pastel baby patterns. So, what she got was modern bright colours, sure to catch a baby's eye. And considering she didn't want a traditional baby quilt, I didn't want to do baby type quilting designs. Instead, I did continuous curves in the triangles, with a swirly type filler into the triangle. I then did the same continuous curves and filler swirls into the squares.
Here's a close up of the fabrics and the quilting. It's a quilt that can follow this baby for many years to come. There is nothing dated or baby-ish about it at all. It can go from the nursery to the big kid room seamlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.