Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 9 November 2014

Sunday Stash and Stitching


Kathy, who hosts the Slow Sunday Stitching, talked today about multitasking, and how it really isn't a good thing, or even a time saver. I must admit to being a hopeless multi-tasker. Some days I feel like I'm on a treadmill, going no where fast. I wonder if the multi-tasking is the reason? I know for a fact it's why I have so many UFO's hanging around. So, I've been consciously trying to do just one thing at a time today, focusing on some hand stitching, in between making a birthday cake and some frosting for our son, who turns 35 this coming week. How on earth that came to happen so fast is beyond me.......
I've been working on this POTC block today. All of what is in this picture is all sewn together. This one is half way there. When it's done, I'll have four of them. If I do a quilt made up of 12, that means I'm 1/3rd there.

There hasn't been a lot of stash used this week. Just what it took to do the four triple four patches from yesterday. I had planned on doing the other four red ones I need yesterday. But there was a really great series of shows on the history network about the two world wars, so I sat and watched that, and got a lot more knitting done while watching, rather than sewing.

Used this week:                                  .4 yards
Used this year:                                 104 yards
Added this week:                              0 yards
Added this year:                                118 yards
Net added:                                         12 yards
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report, and Kathy's Sunday Stitching, link found at the beginning of this post.

7 comments:

  1. I want to see these blocks in person! I like the fabrics you are fussy cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way about our children - how can they be in their 30's when I am only suppose to be 37?

    Your block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love that block and the colors!!

    I think multi-tasking gives me more grief than help sometimes. Like you said, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and not getting anything accomplished. I finally had to make myself a list of to-dos and force myself to work on one at a time. Hard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous block, beautifully fussy cut, Cathy. I invite you to link it to Hexie Weekend - we like to see all kinds of EPP. Ends today, midnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a terrible multitasker and end up with a hundred half finished things each day. I am trying to do better!
    So glad you could join us for some slow stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric combination in that block. It is beautiful. Wow 35, the years go by way too quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha!!! Okay -- please, *please* don't take offense, because I know this block is going to be spectacular when it's finished, but as it's pictured here, it looks like a very flamboyant turkey!!!! XOXOX!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.