Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 25 May 2014

Scrappy Saturday and Stash Report, week 21, 2014

I'm a day late with the scrappy Saturday post. It has been so gorgeous outside the past couple of days that I haven't wanted to spend one minute more indoors than I had to. We went on a bit of a road trip yesterday. If I was a super dedicated blogger, I would have taken my camera and taken pictures on the way. As it is, I didn't even think about it until just now, sitting here typing this. We went on a stash enhancing expedition. I needed some off white, but as close to white as off white fabric can get, for my leader/ender Irish Chain. I also needed some backing for Cactus Rose. I found some in the first shop we went to that I thought would work, and bought it. But then we went to another shop and I found a pale green batik that is almost an exact match to the pale green fossil fern that I used in the quilt top. So it came home with me as well. The other one will make a good background for something. However, all that meant that there was no sewing going on during the day. I did, after it got dark, come inside and cut enough for 16 four inch bow ties and 12 six inch bow ties. I can use them for the next week as leader/enders. I probably should have taken the cutting mat off the table before trying to take a picture of green fabrics on top of the green cutting mat. Oh well, you get the idea.
I've been working on finishes this past week. The backing for In Full Bloom is done, and ready to load onto the machine tomorrow. I've also made really good progress on Three of a Kind. I'm at the point of sewing the center section together, and all the cutting for the rest of the borders is done. Makes for good numbers. However, I think yesterday's enhancement trip put me over the top again.

Used this week:                   6 yards
Used this year:                    47.5 yards
Added this week:                10 yards
Added this year:                   47 yards
Net stash used:                       .5 yards
Well that is a surprise. I thought for sure I was going to end up with more added than used this time round. I'll take it, even if it is only by half a yard! I'm linking up to Judy's Stash Report and also to Scrap happy Saturday. 
It's a good thing there are 5 Saturdays this month. Gives me another week yet to get the pinwheel blocks done.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. Lovely array of greens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it amazing that we have such completely different fabrics - I don't recognize a single green in these bow ties! They're great! (Are some of them veggie fabrics?) I really love your background fabric too!
    Every time I see your bow tie blocks, I get the urge to make another bow tie quilt - there are some fantastic ones out in blogland, and, they eat up scraps!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.