Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 26 May 2014

Design Wall Monday, May 26, 2014

Today I have a quilt that our guild is working on up on my wall. Our guild's quilt show is coming up in October. The theme is going to be "Road to Friendship" which is rather appropriate since the guild's name is the London Friendship Quilters Guild. And, as it happens, there is a quilt block out in the public domain called London Roads. We have gotten permission from the city to hold a raffle in order to raise funds for our outreach works. We gift quilts to the London Children's Aid Society and also to Quilts of Valour. The funds from the raffle will go towards purchasing fabrics and batting for these outreach quilts.
We asked the guild members to donate these blocks, with the guidelines being red and white, to represent Canada. So far, we are 3 short for having an 8x8 layout. The blocks are 9 inches finished. Then there are going to be borders added to it. A narrow red, probably 1.5 inches, then a 3 inch red and white print border and then another 1.5 inch red border. The lay out needs some tweaking, but we can do that after we get the last 3 blocks. There are supposed to be some more coming in at our Banquet on the 12th of June. After that, a group of us will get together to sew it up, and then I'll get it quilted and bound. The final size of it will end up about 84 inches square.
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool block! Can't wait to see what you do with these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the block your guild chose for your raffle quilt. Can't wait to see the finished top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever seen this block before. The arrows look really neat!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.