Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Customer quilt

Every now and then I get a quilt to do that is just pure fun. All of the quilts that come my way are lovely, and I enjoy all of them. But this one was just pure fun. This quilt is Christine's It's a Scrappy Trip Around the World, a pattern found on Bonnie Hunter's website. The fabrics are so bright and happy, with a Hallowe'en theme.

 This is a close up of the border area. It shows the quilting Christine chose, which is called My Pumpkin Patch. The biggest reason for the fun in this quilt was the fabrics. Haunted houses and candy corn and owls in this batch.


More owls, some skulls and some funny witches in this group.
 And in this group there are some bats, some spider webs, some little ghosts and some googly eyes.


Have I mentioned lately that I love my job? Life is good.

4 comments:

  1. I love trips around the world! I made one once...and wonder where it is now. Don't even remember who it went too~ My mom made one out of 1 inch squares before seam allowance. My daughter has that one, and it was king size. The problem was she sewed it all by hand, and some of the seams are falling apart after a washing. Makes me sad~ hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I must get my post written about the quilt you quilted for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilting you did on my quilt! Thank you Cathy! It was fun gathering up all the fabrics for this quilt from my stash..and a few extra additions. Did you see the robber mice?

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.