Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 18 November 2013

Design Wall Monday, Nov. 18, 2013

I now have ten leaf blocks done. I put them up on the wall, and added the sashes and cornerstones to get a more complete idea of what it is going to look like. I think I am going to swap out the blue sash and the blue cornerstones for neutral ones. The blues are dragging my eye right to them, and I want to focus to be completely on the leaf squares. I like the little bit if blue that is in the squares, but not any more. I have a lot more of the leaf parts ready to be sewn up, so that is what I will be doing this evening.
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday

6 comments:

  1. Very nice! Are you going for 12? This quilt is going to be very pretty when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've probably said it before, but I (still) just love these blocks. They remind me of the swirling maple leaves that would fall in my hometown, and also, back somewhere in early elementary school, we were shown how to take a mixture of shavings from crayons and put them between layers of waxed paper, iron, let cool and then cut them out in maple leaf shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these leaf blocks and never would have thought of making them in a wreath. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a wonderful fall quilt. Beautiful colours!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.