Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 28 October 2013

Design Wall Monday October 28, 2013

I am hoping that this is the last week for having great Granny up on the wall.
All of the border units are pieced together and ready to be sewn to the main body of the quilt. There will be another plain charcoal border on the outside, and then I can declare this one done. Maybe this next week will see this one done, and I can cross off another UFO finished of the list of UFO's, except that I don't have a list of my UFO's. I'm afraid to go looking and actually count them. I don't really know how many of them there are, and I'm not sure I want to know. I'm just going to keep on working at them one at a time, while I resist the temptation to start something new.
After this, I have to choose, do I work on the Thanksgiving leaves quilt, or on the Lazy Sunday Mystery. I think I have 6 or 7 of these leaves blocks finished now. I need 16 for the large quilt, or 12 for the smaller.
                                                                                     
        Lazy Sunday still needs all its borders assembled. The individual pieces are all done and ready to be assembled into the borders. I have until Wednesday, when I'm going over to Gail's to sew for the evening to decide. Any opinions on which I should choose?
I'm linking up to Judy's Design Wall Monday. Lots of lovely stuff to look at today.                                                                           

                                                                                      



7 comments:

  1. You have such wonderful works-in-progress! The border for Granny Squares really sets off the blocks. The swirling leaves are elegant. Looks as though you'll have Lazy Sunday done (at least a flimsy) in time for Celtic Solstice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your granny square quilt. The colors just pop on the dark background. Is it black or dark gray? This one is on my "to-do" list. And I agree... I am not counting my UFO's either. Just keep plugging away at the pile. Love the fall leaves, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all such wonderful projects. I think if you are looking to get things done and off the non-existent list, I would choose the one that is closest to being finished and once done work on the other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like your charcoal background fabric---makes the other colors sing!! I think the fall leaves are gorgeous. Your Sunday mystery is so close to being finished---like the colors there too

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the maple leaf wreaths. Pretty projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the Granny quilt! It's beautiful. If you're taking votes on which to get to next I vote for Lazy Sunday. It looks like that one is almost done. :) ~Melanie

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.