Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Thursday 24 October 2013

Customer quilts

These quilts have been back with their owners for a couple of weeks now, but I'm just getting around to writing about them.
This first quilt belongs to Amalia. She is a huge fan of batiks. I'm not sure I've ever done a quilt of hers that wasn't made of fun, bright colours. This is one of Bonnie Hunter's free patterns, Scrappy Trips Around the World.
 I used the Fossil Pantograph, by Lorien Quilting, and a very bright variegated thread.
 This next quilt belongs to Maureen. I used the Trellis Vine Pantograph by Threadsongs for this quilt. Maureen used a lovely collection of fabrics in this quilt. I don't know the name of it, but it had fun strawberries and strawberry vines and flowers on some of the fabrics. The leaves in the quilting design were quite similar in shape to the leaves in some of the fabrics.
Here's a closer view of the top that shows the fabrics and the quilting a bit better.
And a picture of the back. For some reason, I don't always take pictures of the backs of the quilts I do. I'll have to remember to do it more consistently. There is lots of lovely texture showing here on the back from the quilting.

1 comment:

  1. My quilt is bound and on the guest bed already!!! Thanks, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.