Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Saturday 28 September 2013

On the needles.

This post was supposed to have been written yesterday. I had every intention of writing it yesterday. But, it was a gorgeous day outside, and I wanted to take advantage of it. So, I sat outside and knitted. I told myself that I'd do this after I came in from outside. When I came in, it was time for something to eat, so I said to myself, I'll write it after I have something to eat, after all, who can think when they are hungry. Then the pieces for the border of Orca Bay caught my eye, and I said to myself, I'll write the past after I do a few of the border sections. Next thing I knew, all the border pieces were done, which is great, and it was 11:30 at night. And this is how days go by without anything getting written here. So, today, before I do anything else, I will write this post.
 In my knitting, I am focusing on working on Dreambird. I did end up having to go out and buy another 50 gram skein of the grey for the feathers. I will keep going until I run out of either the pink or the grey. It's going faster now that I'm really familiar with the pattern, and there are too many hours invested in this thing to quit now, when it is over halfway done.
These pieces of a quilt to the left here are the culprits that distracted me last night, the border units for Orca Bay. Today, in addition to doing another feather or 2 on Dreambird, I'm going to start sewing these together and getting the borders onto that quilt.
I'm linking up to Judy's On the needles one day late.

1 comment:

  1. The dreambird shawl is just so beautiful. I've been looking at everyone's progress, but haven't really been tempted. Yet. Your's is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.