Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 9 September 2013

Design Wall Monday Sept. 9, 1013

I have, or should I say, had, Road to Brenham, on my design wall. This picture was taken yesterday. It is now almost sewn together into rows. I was hoping to be able to do some more work on it today, but the bushel of tomatoes that was sitting waiting for processing won the draw on what I was going to do today. I had thought that I'd maybe be able to do some sewing in between batches of tomatoes, but the batches sort of just ran one into the other.







But, I now have 13 quarts of tomatoes to add to the shelves of my cold storage room.















And then there's this pot of salsa that is in the process of cooking down. I've never made salsa before, so I did some online research, and found a recipe for Mild salsa. I've also never used jalapeno peppers before, so when the recipe said 4 or 5 for a mild salsa, what did I know. I've tasted it, and I'm not too sure I'd classify it as mild, but then I very rarely ever cook anything that remotely classifies as spicy. And yes, I used gloves when cutting it up, and I cleared out all the membranes and all the seeds, since I've been told that those add to the heat.















I'm linking up to Judy's Design wall Monday, and then I think I'm going to put my feet up and knit until the salsa is ready to be bottled up.

2 comments:

  1. I was raised on Cajun spice, but sometimes mild is "whoo-whee hot," as we say. I hope your salsa is just right because it looks too yummy to pass up! Enjoy your knitting,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's SO hard to judge other people's opinion of spicy. Hubby and Teenage Daughter want it to burn through the pot. I want it a little less than that, and my parents can't handle any heat at all.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.