Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 27 May 2013

Design Wall Monday, May 27, 2013

I had hoped to get some more work done today on the Meteor Showers block I started the other day, but events today decided otherwise. So it still looks the same.
 I had a meeting this afternoon at one, that took up a large chunk of the afternoon. Then, after the meeting, Scott and I decided that today was a good day to go out and pick up some annuals for the flower garden around the one tree in the back yard. The forecast for tomorrow and the next day is for rain and thunder storms, so we took advantage of the one nice day.
 After picking up the flowers and having supper, there was time to put in the flowers before Charlene came to pick up her quilts at 7 this evening. I didn't get any pictures of the finished planting, though. I do have a picture of Charlene's quilt, that I'll do a separate post about.

Then Scott and I decided that the weather was still good enough to be able to get out and get a good walking workout in. We now live less than a 5 minute drive from the best park in the city, Springbank Park. It is a huge park that follows the river for miles. It's like not even being in the city at all. I'm hoping, on days when the weather is good, to get in a daily walk there. So, it is now 9 pm and nothing quilty has yet been accomplished today. But, once I post this and link it to Judy's Design wall Monday, that is going to change. Maybe I'll be able to get the last of the pieces for this blocks assembled and the block put together.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    Your day sounded just lovely...except for the meeting~ You are blessed with such a beautiful park to walk in! The LORD has been so good to you both~ ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.