Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 22 March 2013

On the Needles Friday


I think I am in trouble. I think I'm hooked. I finished my first pair of socks, and have started another.
It is also Kroy sock yarn, but striping this time. It should be interesting when I start the second sock, since I didn't make a note of where the colours were when I started the first one, so I could end up with 2 totally differently striped socks. I was reading the other entries at Judy's Patchwork Times and Carol was talking about some yarn that she ordered that was on sale, and gave the link to the store. Just out of curiosity, I went and checked it out. You know what happened next, don't you? Yep, there is yarn coming to my house. The thing is, there is no comparison between the way these socks feel, and store bought ones. So, like I said, I'm hooked on knitting socks. I have a few different yarns coming, including one that will  maybe pool instead of stripe. Judy has a challenge going about getting sock colours to pool rather than to stripe, and I just might join in. I've never actually met Judy, but she is really having an influence on me, and getting me to do all kinds of things I've never done before. Have I mentioned lately that I love blogging, and the people I've met through it?

7 comments:

  1. Wearing a pair of handmade socks really does get you hooked on making more. There is no comparison with store-bought. Congrats on your finish of your first pair. There's no going back now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know how happy this makes me?? Giggle, giggle.
    I have some wonderful blog friends-including you. Isn't the www fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're hooked! Your sock looks nice and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great socks! I really like the way this yarn striped.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those colors! The sock is looking good. What perfect striping so far!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those colors! The sock is looking good. What perfect striping so far!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So a box of fun is coming to your home? Very funny...Judy is very good a getting folks to join her...in Alaska we would say she could sell ice cream to Eskimos.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.