Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 14 October 2012

Stash and Sunday Stitching Report, Oct. 14, 2012


For the hand stitching this week, I've been working on the block of the week for the Grandmothers Choice.
                 
The sunflower block is now completely finished, and the star on this weeks block is about halfway stitched. This makes seven blocks, so I can go ahead from here and sew the first row all together. I cut all the sashings and cornerstones this past week, so that's a good amount to come off the stash.

Used this week:                                                 3.8 yards
 Used this year:                                                97.9 yards
Purchased this week:                                            0 yards
Purchased this year:                                         157.8 yards
Balance:                                                              59.9 more yards in than out.

I just might break the 100 yards used mark in the next couple of weeks. That would be cool. I'm linking up to Judy's Stash report and Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching. I'm working this afternoon, so unless I do some stitching on my breaks, there won't be much stitching done here today.

7 comments:

  1. I so admire your handstitch. Would that I had the patience for it. That's great you are almost to 100 yards used. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful GC blocks. I gave up on number 5. Your's is beautiful!

    Almost 100 yards out is really good. Congrats on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your blocks are beautiful. How fun it will be to see the first row come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are both so pretty. Great colour choices!
    Hope you get more stitching time today on your breaks. Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your blocks are fabulous, Cathy! And whoa -- breaking 100 yards?!? I'd be happy to break 50, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blocks! Just love the colors, I'd never thought to track how much fabric I buy and use. Mostly I just use bits and pieces of its.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great blocks! I am still a little afraid of that sunflower block.... mostly because it won't print out correctly for me and I don't have block base. So fun to see others completed.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.