Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Friday 10 August 2012

What was accomplished.....


When I posted yesterday about planning to spend the day in my sewing room, I said I might show what I ended up accomplishing, so here we go, I'm actually going to do that. LOL! First, I finished a customer quilt, and got it off the machine. I can't show pictures of it yet, though, because she hasn't seen it yet. Then I had scheduled one of my quilts to go on the machine. If I don't schedule them in, they don't get done at all. So, I loaded on this month's UFO, figured out the quilting design and got it started. This is a quilt that I did back in 2010. It was a swap hosted by Shannon who has a blog called Pieceful Quilter. She does fabulous work, both in her piecing and applique, and in her long arm quilting. There is actually a block in this quilt from Queensland Australia!!!! I'll show that one when I get to it. I think all of the blocks that I received from the swap were signed, except maybe one of them. It is so cool!! It is going to be fun to quilt.


 
I'm happy with the way it is looking, so far. Then, after my legs got tired from doing so much standing at the machine, I did a couple more Great Granny Squares So now there are five.


 
All in all, it was a great way to spend a day.

1 comment:

  1. love your gr. granny blocks-I need another sewing day...soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.