Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 12 August 2012

Stash Report and Stitchery Sunday.


It sure doesn't look like there has been a whole lot accomplished on this stocking. Just the train and the little house. But looks are very deceiving here.
That train alone has 16 little teeny tiny pieces! And the little doll that is next to do has 20 little teeny tiny pieces!! I think I need my head examined. LOL!! But, I'm still enjoying doing these, so it can't be all that bad. I'm taking this with me when we go away this week, so hopefully it will be done by this time next week.
As for the stash report, it has been a fabulous 2 weeks for usage, which is a good thing, because I had a small amount (ahem........  really, just a small addition, really.......) come in, as well. Look at all those glorious colours!! They were impossible to resist. The light colour in the center of all those fat quarters in going to be the background for an autumn leaves quilt. I know I'm rushing the season, just a bit, and I'm no where ready for summer to be over. But, come this September or October, I'm hoping to be sewing all kinds of lovely leaves.


Used in the past 2 weeks:                                 10.2 yards
Used this year:                                                  72.7 yards
Added in the past 2 weeks:                               15.8 yards
Added this year:                                             133.05 yards

Balance:                                                           60.35 more yards in than out.
I'm linking up to Judy's Stash report at Patchwork Times And Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching. And now, I really should put down the computer, finish my coffee and finish getting packed up for our trip up to see Noel and Laurie and Avery. We're heading up today, and coming back home on Friday. I'm totally looking forward to it. Enjoying the beauty of God's creation, and the joy of being with family. Ah bliss........


5 comments:

  1. You are making great progress on the stocking...so much detail! Have a relaxing trip! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that Noel's stocking? Don't let him see it! Looking forward to visiting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's one intricate stocking. It looks beautiful.

    Beautiful fabrics. Looking forward to seeing your fall leaves quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness! 16 pieces in that one little train? Yep - you're certified crazy! But it's a good kind of crazy! Like all the rest of us crazy quilters :*) It's adorable and will be SO cute when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. Wow! That stocking is darling!! And I love your fall fabrics--so pretty. Have a GREAT trip this week!!!!! I know you will! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.