Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 31 July 2012

July UFO is a flimsey

I made it, with 8 hours to spare. Grandmother's Diamond Ring, designed by Judy Martin, is a finished flimsey. That was my goal for July, so I'm pretty pleased with myself. And to make it even better, I love it!! And now, it goes onto the pile of Mount-To-Be-Quilted. Judy Laquidara, who sponsors the monthly UFO challenge, pulled number 7 for August, which is the Spring Swap quilt that I did a couple of years ago. It is a flimsey, and needs quilting. The challenge will be to fit it into August sometime to get it done.






I'm sure, if I manage to get it done, that there will be some continuous curves in the pieced areas, and probably some feathers in the setting triangles around the outer edges. Either that, or it might be fun to do continuous curves in the setting triangles a filler. I'm linking up to Judy's UFO report, where there are a few more people with finishes this month.

8 comments:

  1. You must have been doing some power sewing to get that flimsey done! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful tops. I particularly like the 2nd one. Sounds like you have the quilting all figured out. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! Love both of these projects! You have a great eye for colour and fabric selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first one! It is so "light", if that makes sense. And so soft looking and pretty. It looks like a spring quilt - to put on your bed after a long winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, Cathy. Your quilts are spectacular. And bravo to you getting the Grandmother's Diamond Ring finished in time. Can't wait to see it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both quilts are beautiful! I've never seen a pattern like the top one. Great job on getting things finished!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both quilts look fabulous! I especially like the first one - great job getting it all done. It does look like it was a very challenging pattern.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.