Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 23 July 2012

Design Wall Monday July 23,1012

I have Grandmother's Diamond Ring, designed by Judy Martin. The pattern is in her book The Creative Pattern Book. This one is going to be up there for quite a while, I think. The blocks are all odd shapes, so it doesn't work well for chain piecing, plus it would be very easy to get them mixed up, or turned in the wrong direction. So, I'll be sewing them together slowly, one piece at a time. However, that means there will be a lot off leaders and enders going though, so the Irish Chain quilt that will be built from those will go faster. I sure am liking the way this is looking, so far. This is the first quilt I've ever done with the 1930's reproduction fabrics. They are fun to use, so bright and happy and whimsical. I have lots of them left, so there will be more 1930's quilts in my future.
I'm linking up to Judy Laquidara's Design Wall Monday party. There is lots of fun eye candy and inspiration to look at over there.

7 comments:

  1. This is a great looking quilt! Sometimes it's nice to have a project that needs attention like this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I have that Judy Martin book. I just looked at that pattern...that is a lot of cutting...at angles!It looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this pattern. It is really lovely and unusual. It will be fun to see this unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pattern is new to me as well and I really like it. It's so pretty, I may just have to get that book and make one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I, too, have never seen this pattern. It looks so Moorish like the detail at the Alhambra in Spain. Are you making it on a whole cloth? Another for my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where did you find the pattern????? I love this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! You've made a lot of progress - and it looks better every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.