Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 8 April 2012

Stash report Week 15, 2012

First off, far more important than any fabric report, happy Easter. Jesus is risen from the dead. He lives forever at the right hand of God the Father. He has risen, He has conquered death. I found a video on youtube of a song by Jeremy Riddle that says it so much better than I ever could.

We had our Easter dinner yesterday with Matt and Becca, and had a lovely visit with them. They are visiting with some of Matt's family today, so Scott and I will spend today quietly, and, of course, I hope to get some fun time spent playing with fabric. I had a package from the Fat Quarter Shop arrive last week, with a part of what I ordered a couple of weeks ago. There were a couple of layer cakes with some fun kid fabrics in it. There is one called 10 little things and another called Peak Hour. I have one project all planned out in EQ7 already planned out, using the 10 little things fabric, but it's on the other computer, so I can't show it right now. I did get a fair amount of fabric usage this past week. I cut out all the background squares for my Dresden Plates, and have over half of them stitched down. That added up to a good amount.

Used this week:                                                     5.5 yards
Used this year:                                                   32.8 yards
Purchased this week:                                             4.75 yards
Purchased this year:                                         89.25 yards
Balance:                                                       56.4 more yards purchased than used.

There is still a fat quarter collection called Friendship Collections for a Cause out in the postal system somewhere waiting to be delivered, as well, that will probably arrive sometime this coming week. I have always wanted to a Lady of the Lake quilt, and I think that's what this coming fabric might become.
I'm linking this post up to Judy Laquidara's Stash Report, where the are a bunch of others keeping track of their fabric comings and goings.

3 comments:

  1. My current piecing project is a Lady of the Lake variation. It is from Quiltmaker( a Bonnie Hunter pattern) and has the small HSTs only on two sides. the block finishes at 8 inches. It is going together pretty quickly atleast now and until I have to actually lay it out! Looking forward to seeing yours with those beautiful fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute children's fabric!
    Glad you had a good dinner with Becca and Matt - sorry we didn't get to see you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited you have the Friendship Collections for a Cause fabric coming!!! I've not decided what to do with mine...and I'll be interested to see how you use it with the Lady of the Lake quilt!! Yay!! I forgot to post a stash report yesterday ... we weren't home for the majority of the day ... but since I didn't have anything come in or out, I'm not too worried about it! Happy Easter, dear Cathy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.