Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Trying new things part 3

And here it is, the coloured finish. I'm going to look at it for a while, and decide if I want to add any more to it. The next step is to embroider all around the coloured shapes. There are a couple of ways to do it, either by hand, or by machine. Also, the book says that the colours fade if the stitching is done before putting the textile medium on. But, the stitching acts as a barrier to prevent the colour bleeding when the textile medium is applied. So, I'm going to do a bit of quilting and let things simmer in my brain for a while before I decide what to do next.

5 comments:

  1. Pretty color choices!! Okay, so this is *pre* application of the medium? It'll be interesting to see if the medium deepens the color. Someone on another blog mentioned that it added 'sparkle' too! It makes sense that stitching -- especially hand work -- would cause the colors to fade a bit. I wonder if you could stitch and then touch up with the colored pencils afterward?? That might be the way to go. Huh. I'm so glad you're a day ahead of me! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking that is pretty cool so far. Enjoying watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really neat! I'll be watching to see where you go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you've gone and done it! Inspired me to try my hand at this. hehehe

    Mine didn't turn out too bad, I think the pencil crayons Helen uses are probably a better choice than the crayola ones I used. Much more vivid and bright. I'm going to see if I can locate them.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.