Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Tuesday 2 November 2010

When all else fails, read the instructions


After supper, I came upstairs and started to work on clue #3 from Judy's mystery. It was going really well, and I got all of the pieces done that needed to be sewn today, so that I could start to put the blocks together. That's when I hit a snag. I put all the elements together, looked at it, and couldn't figure out why it didn't look the way it was supposed to look. Then it hit me. I had pieced the small 4 patches in the wrong direction. They are supposed to look like the top picture, with the brown going diagonally through the block. I have all of them, except this one that I just re-did, pieced like the second picture. All of them, 34 of them, all pieced wrong. ARRRRGGGGG!!!! So, I am spending the rest of my evening, taking all these blocks apart, so that I can put them back together properly. (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.