Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Wednesday 28 July 2010

I love/hate my longarm

Well, I achieved all my goals for yesterday, and beyond. I got the quilt not only loaded, but 2/3 quilted. It was going along great when, for no apparent reason, the tension went wonkey. And, of course, I didn't notice until I advanced to the next row. So, now I'm going to have to do some ripping. Grrrrrr. I'm going to finish it up. but then leave it on the machine, and unroll it to the section that needs fixing. I'm hoping it is only small sections, in which case I can just take out the section that needs fixing, redo it, and bury the knots. If there is a lot to fix, though, I'll end up having to rip out the whole row. Once again, I say, grrrrrrr. Becca called a couple of days ago and said that their wedding photos would be ready for pick up today, so, I'll take Scott to work this afternoon, pick up Becca and go get them. We'll probably throw a mother/daughter dinner in there as well. Maybe take home dinner, so we can eat and look at the pictures at the same time. The photographer at the wedding was just fabulous, so I'm really excited to see these pictures. So, I'm off for a second cup of coffee, the good stuff I picked up yesterday, and some more work on this quilt.

3 comments:

  1. ewww. that sounded like what happened to me a couple weeks ago. I found a teeny piece of lint stuck way in the back...thought I was losing my mind until I found it.
    A mom/daughter dinner looking at wedding photos sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machines can be so quirky! I hope it starts behaving nicely again, and that you and your daughter had a nice afternoon/evening!! I love spending time with my married daughter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same type of relationship with my longarm too. Love most of the time, and intensly dislike other times. Ripping out is the worst.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.