Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Monday 26 July 2010

Design wall Monday July 26

Happy Monday. I love Mondays, with all these blogs to look through at Patchwork Times to see what is on all kinds of different design walls. After I finished Shakespeare in the Park last week, I discovered that I had all kinds of red, gold and black scraps left, of course, so I decided to do something with them, rather than just shove them in a drawer. So, I've started a quilt called Peas in a Pod, just a lap size, out of a book called Simple Comforts, by Kim Diehl. It's a fairly easy pattern, although the applique melon shapes are a bit time consuming, but I'm liking the way it is turning out. It has used up all those scraps, but I've ended up having to cut into other fabric, so it's generating more scraps, but that's what makes it so much fun. A never ending supply of scraps to do more scrap quilts. I should be able to get it done this week, although I have a customer quilt I need to do tomorrow, and I have to work 3-11 at the hospital tonight. But, if I get moving, instead of sitting here on the computer, I can get the last of the melon shapes that I need freezer papered to the fabric, and take them to work to cut out on my supper and coffee breaks. So, I think that's what I'll do.

10 comments:

  1. Another great quilt~this one is on my want to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great scrap quilt. It is always fun to find a new quilt in the scrap pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how wonderful. I call these "free quilts"!!


    glen in Louisiana (who is g today on the list)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty --can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the way this is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks neat! I have never seen this combo with melon shapes - nice! The moment curves are involved blocks just look so different (and complicated...).

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've always got something big going on! I hope your night at work goes quickly and smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will definitely have an awesome quilt when you are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this one! Can you show us what you mean by freezer papering the melons?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took me a while to see the individual blocks but now that I can I understand about the appliqué. This is going to be a great looking quilt!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.