Leo’s Mane Sew Along

Sunday 13 June 2010

The wedding is finished


The wedding is finished, and it was wonderful. It was a beautiful day, if a tad hot and humid. It rained for 5 minutes, and then stopped, although it looked a couple of times like it was going to pour down rain. But, lots of prayers and begging of the Lord, and it held off. Becca was a beautiful bride, and Matt a handsome groom. They were absolutely glowing! The ceremony and the dinner and the party afterwards went off with hardly a hitch, and everybody seemed to have a good time. Noel was assigned to the camcorder, and he documented almost the entire day. Scott, Susan, who arrived from the nether regions of Alberta last Tuesday, have watched it through twice, so far. There is so much on it that we weren't there to see. He basically followed Matt and Becca wherever they went, along with the photographers. He did such a fantastic job with it!  It was a good day, and I had a great time for the past 2 years planning it, but I'm glad it's done, and I can get back to my real life. I haven't had my hands on anything quilty in over a week, and I think I'm about to go into withdrawal, but I'm too tired to do anything about it. We're probably going to have to spend tomorrow restoring order out of chaos in the house, and then Susan and I, who is going to be here for another week, can get down to the serious business of some girl time, with, hopefully, some quilty stuff thrown in there. I have to be the proud Mama and throw in a pic of the gorgeous bride, and handsome groom. I'd add in more pics, but for some reason, I can't get any more to upload. But. I can guarantee that this proud Mama will be adding more as I get them.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm so glad you had a great day and the rain stayed away! They look so happy together!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading all your comments, and am grateful for each one. I try very hard to answer them all, but lately I haven’t quite been able to answer all of them.